Monday, February 25, 2013

Miss you already, Ireland

Sunday was our last full day in Ireland, and we took full advantage of this by SLEEPING IN. Well, sleeping until 9 that it. We got up and had breakfast at the hostel, showered, and walked around.

We went to Grafton Street, where there is a lot of shopping. There were cool stores, but most of them are in London too. We were looking more for gift or uniquely Ireland shops, and didn't see many. Still a really cool street though!


Next we ventured to Temple Bar to take some pictures and maybe find somewhere to eat lunch. Most of the places were pubs and pretty expensive, so we ended up at a place called the Porterhouse about a block off Temple Bar. It was really great food and a cool place. The Ireland vs. Scotland rugby match was that day, so we stayed a watched a few minutes of the game. Rugby is a really strange sport...I'd definitely have to look up the rules because I had no idea what was going on!


The river Liffey

After lunch we walked over to the Guinness Factory along the River Liffey. I was hesitant about going to the factory since I can't drink beer; I was nervous it would be a waste of money. It definitely wasn't. The building is shaped like a pint and is 7 stories tall! It was really cool to see the history of the company and what goes into making beer. We got a little complimentary taste of the beer. I took a few sips and have definitely decided I'm okay with not being able to drink Guinness. It's gross and heavy, and that's really the only way to describe it! The taste reminds me of something, but I can't put my finger on it. At the end, Kara, Lucy, and Fiona got to pour their own pints! I didn't do it because then I'd be stuck with my own pint that I knew I wouldn't drink. I was told I could exchange my drink ticket for a soda. 



The very top floor of the factory is called the gravity bar. It is SO COOL. It's a room with all glass and you get a great 360 degree view of Dublin. It was really beautiful.



No Guinness for me!

We had another early morning the next day to go home, so we hung out at the hostel for a bit before going to bed early. Getting home took no time at all-the security in Europe is so lax! I'm so exhausted but it was definitely a great weekend. I love Ireland!

No comments:

Post a Comment