Saturday, January 19, 2013

Second day

Today was not a good day. I woke up feeling fine. I had slept around 8 hours (waking up once or twice), so I felt relatively well rested considering. I showered and got ready and ate and everyone headed to our classroom for more orientation. After about 10 minutes I started getting spotty vision. It was like I had looked a light for too long and still had the imprint in my eyelids, except it wouldn't go away. I started to get a headache, too. I drank some water and got up and walked around, but it didn't really help much. Then I started getting pins and needles through my left hand and even up on my lip. I was getting really afraid because I had no idea what was going on. I had had about enough of sitting after 2 hours. We went back to the house and I took a Motrin and laid down for a few minutes. I told my house manager and she said she thought I was having a migraine. Uhhh definitely never had a migraine before! I thought they were just bad headaches-my head didn't even hurt THAT bad.

We were supposed to get lunch on our own and then meet at 2 for a walk around our neighborhood. I slept through both :( I was so upset, I feel like I'm already missing out on everything. We have a big day ahead tomorrow, though, so I'd rather be rested and normal for that then have suffered today. Everyone was FREEZING on the walk anyway. I feel better now, my head still feels heavy though.

After I was feeling human again, I went out to dinner with a few of the girls. We went to a yummy Indian restaurant which didn't seem expensive, but they kept asking if we wanted bread or rice with our meals without telling us that they were not included in the price! So we all ended up paying considerably more for dinner than we had planned. But it was delicious so it was kind of worth it. A little.

We came back and hung out in our flat for a little bit. A lot of people are going out, but I'm just not feeling up for it tonight. I'm still not 100%. I know there will be other weekends, but it still really stinks not being a part of everything. We have  "royal walk" tomorrow though, so I wanted to be well rested for that. I'm hoping I feel better tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment